* This post may contain affiliate links.*
It took me a year to convince my husband that the Elf on the Shelf was a Christmas tradition that we should start. I saw Pinterest boards full of the best Elf on the Shelf ideas and I thought it sounded fun–a way to keep the Christmas spirit and magic alive, while having a little extra incentive to be good in our household….WHY NOT?
A year in and I still think it’s a fun tradition, but I do realize that it can be difficult to keep up–even with the elaborate Pinterest boards– because let’s be honest, parents get tired, parents forget, and sometimes our sweet little Elf, just doesn’t pose like those Pinterest boards! Thus, I am sharing our family’s Elf on the Shelf ideas, along with some pictures of our Elf in action. Now, keep in mind our Elf is tailored for a 5 year old girl this year!
Sadie the Elf’s Shenanigans for 2018: I will update as we continue with the Shenanigans this month!
- Sadie arrives back from the North Pole with My Little Ponies as her reindeer for her sled. The Elf on the Shelf book is left to be reread as a reminder of the rules.
- Sadie is sitting in our bathroom next to nail polish bottles with a note that says, “I left your dad a funny treat. Go find him and look at his feet!” (Sadie painted my husband’s toes!)
- Sadie was found in the refrigerator, drinking syrup from a straw.
- Sadie piloted the Barbie boat and took it for a ride with her Barbie friends in our bathtub ( add blue food coloring to make the water pop!)
- Sadie and Elsa toilet papered our tree to “build a snowman”
- Sadie, The Grinch, and Max left a “Whoo-ville” Gingerbread house for our family to complete together!
- Sadie was found roasting marshmallows for s’ mores over a candle.
- Sadie and her reindeer friend Libra ( Elf on the Shelf Pet) left us all the ingredients to make a yummy “reindeer food” treat!
- Sadie stole our wrapping paper and wrapped the entrance to our kitchen!
- Sadie was sad that we were going away for the weekend and we caught her reading a book all about our daughter!
- Sadie decided she didn’t want to be left behind as our family went to Great Wolf Lodge for a family Christmas weekend, so she packed her suitcase and got in the car to join in on the fun!
- While at Great Wolf Lodge, Sadie packed her goggles and swimmies and was dressed for the pool ( we failed to capture this image 😦 )
- Sadie packed her suitcase and surprised us in the car again, this time with some special souvenirs from our trip!
- Sadie took the dogs for a walk today!
- Sadie took a bubble bath in the CrockPot today and left a fun bath bomb for our daughter!
- Sadie played guitar for our carolers.
- Sadie thought we needed a few more Christmas lights inside (our daughter LOVED this one!)
- Sadie sent us on a treasure hunt by hiding clues all around our house! (Our daughter LOVES these types of things right now, so it was perfect! The prize at the end was gold coins and an Elf on the Shelf pen.)
- Sadie set-up for class today on our daughter’s easel!
- Sadie decided to get “fancy” and play dress-up and makeup!
- Sadie tried to make a popcorn snack!
- Sadie decorated our Christmas tree with underpants!
- Sadie felt bad about the underpants, so she surprised us with a North Pole breakfast!
- Does your family participate in the Elf on the Shelf tradition? What our some of your favorite shenanigans? Share by replying to this post!